If all the spiritual places of this world are listed down, India will top the list with the availability of the maximum number of spiritual places. In fact, India is rich in the holy places, rituals, and traditions and offers a lot for people, who look for awareness and knowledge. So, visiting these spiritual destinations is a must for people to enhance the spiritual experience as well as to connect the body and soul. Here come a few details about the top spiritual places in India. You can opt for the spiritual tour packages to visit these places.
- Haridwar: This is one of the holiest cities located in the foothills of Himalaya in Uttarakhand, India. Every year, millions of Hindu pilgrims visit this city to take a dip in the holy Ganges with the aim of washing away the sins. The evening Ganga Aarati is one of the most popular attractions of this place.
- Varanasi: Located in Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi is considered to be one of the most sacred Hindu cities with an ancient history. Popularly called as the city of Lord Shiva, this city attracts both the Hindu pilgrims as well as the foreigner travelers. Popular attractions of this city are Vishwanath Temple, Annapurna Temple, Shanidev Temple and the evening Ganga Aarti organized in the river banks.
- Rishikesh: This city is famously known as the “birthplace of yoga” and also for other important aspects of Hinduism. Located on the banks of holy Ganges and surrounded by the hills on three sides, Rishikesh lures the tourists with the availability of numerous Yoga institutes and ashrams. Therefore, this city is highly popular among foreigners seeking spirituality. Rishikesh is located a few kilometers away from Haridwar and therefore, most of the people choose to visit both of these places at the same time.
- Bodhgaya: This is one of the most popular Buddhist pilgrimages in this world. Situated in Bihar, India, this is the place where Lord Buddha became enlightened during an intense meditation under the Bodhi tree. At present, the area is marked by the Mahabodhi Temple Complex. Besides, this city is also the home to a number of Buddhist monasteries.
- Amritsar: Situated in Panjab, this is another holy destination in India that you can’t miss if you are on a spiritual tour. This city was founded by Guru Ram Das in the year 1577. This name Amritsar means “Holy Pool of Nectar”, which is inherited from the water body located around the Golden Temple. Every year Amritsar attracts numerous pilgrims from different parts of this globe.
- Kedarnath: Located in Uttarakhand in the Rudra Himalaya Range, Kedarnath is well-known for the thousand years old temple made with massive stone. Kedarnath is also known as the home of Lord Shiva in the form of cosmic light or Jyotirlingam. There is a statue of Nandi bull that stands outside the temple. As per the spiritual gurus, the journey to Kedarnath is a religious and sacred journey for any individual.